MAV Maths Active School
We are proud to that Milgate PS was awarded the prestigious title as a Maths Association of Victoria (MAV) Maths Active School. There are only a handful of schools within Victoria that have been bestowed with this honour and we are the only school in Manningham to receive it.
This accreditation indicates that Milgate PS is a leading school in Victoria in demonstrating effective learning and teaching practices in Mathematics.
Our accreditation as a Maths Active School shows that Milgate PS:
- Actively supports the mathematics professional learning needs of staff
- Structures school mathematics program to maximise learning
- Promotes active learning of mathematics
- Participates in student mathematics activities
- Promotes differentiated learning
- Uses assessment to inform teacher practice and promote learning
- Sees parents as valuable partners and actively encourages and support parental involvement
- Promotes the effective use of technology in the learning of mathematics.
Our outstanding student outcomes in mathematics and our state leading results in the MAV Maths Talent Quest are clear indications of our excellent mathematics teaching and learning program. We are extremely proud of our innovative approaches in teaching and learning mathematics and the comprehensive program we offer our students.
Congratulations to our entire learning community on being a MAV Maths Active School!
For further details please visit the website for The Mathematical Association of Victoria [click on logo below].